As a member of Twickenham Cycling Club, you have access to a whole lot more than just organised weekly rides. Below is the list of impressive benefits available to you as a member of this historic and friendly club.
2023 MEMBER BENEFITS
The following Member benefits are available to Members of Twickenham Cycling Club who have paid their annual membership fees for 2023. Please note that these benefits are for 2023 only and may change in future years subject to availability.
1. Payment of Entry Fees for Races
Members who represent Twickenham Cycling Club in any road race, time trial, track or cyclo-cross event held under British Cycling regulations and any time trial held under Cycling Time Trial (CTT) regulations will be able to claim their entry fees during 2023 once they have paid their membership fees for 2023. (Members who join part way through a year will only be able to claim for races in which they have participated after they paid their membership fees).
Evidence of participation will be required in the form of an official result sheet, or copy of results published on the internet together with the relevant URL. Payment will be made upon submission of the relevant documentation to the Treasurer.
Payments are capped at a maximum of £100 per member.
Committee may approve additional expenditure on a case-by-case basis.
NB: This benefit has been extended for 2023 to include any race due to the Club having built up a financial surplus since the Covid pandemic in 2020. This is unlikely to continue in future years as it is expected that this initiative along with several other schemes will significantly reduce the available funds.
2. Club Kit
- Any Member who achieved 1st Cat or 2nd Cat status, riding for TCC, during the 2022 season will be entitled to the club kit detailed below upon payment of the annual membership fee for 2023.
- Any member achieving a total of 1000 miles in non-competitive events with recorded distance and time (cyclo-sportive/audax), during the preceding year will be entitled to club kit as for 2nd Cat detailed below on payment of the annual membership fee for 2023.
- Any member riding Time Trial, Track or Cyclo-Cross who are of a standard equivalent to RR 1st or 2nd categories on representation to the Committee may be awarded club kit on renewal of their 2023 membership.
- Any other special requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- 1st Cat 2 Racing Jerseys or contribution of £100 towards kit.
- 2nd Cat 1 Racing Jersey or contribution of £50 towards kit.
- This benefit is only available to Members who ride events representing Twickenham Cycling Club.
3. Volunteer Discount
Any member who volunteers during the year for any two of the following will be offered a discounted membership the following year (this equates roughly to between 8-10 hours of volunteering):
- Club Events as advertised each year, for example Surrey Rumble, Dave Peck Memorial RR, Open Track Meet, Cyclo-Cross and various Time Trial events.
- Saturday Ride Leaders
- Tuesday Night Tea Rota
- Any other club events that may be organised during the year, for example training sessions at Hillingdon.
Club Representatives and Committee Members will be offered complementary memberships for the year following their election and each year served thereafter. Club Members who are British Cycling/Cycling Time Trials Event Organisers and organise events on behalf of Twickenham Cycling Club will be offered complementary membership for the year following their event.
4. Club Equipment
The Club has various items of equipment available for Club Members to borrow for particular events, to take on-loan whilst their own equipment is being mended or replaced after an incident, whilst they are recovering from injury or to ‘try before you buy’. This equipment comprises:
- Turbo Trainers
- Track Bikes (for loan at Herne Hill Velodrome only)
- Aero Helmets for Team Time Trials or Team Track Events
There are several organisations who offer Twickenham Cycling Club discounts on their products and services. Proof of membership should be presented by showing a BC licence which states TCC as member club or by showing the email membership confirmation from the TCC Secretary.
|Precision Wheels – Excellent rates on bike repairs and new equipment. Wheel building specialist. Contact: Harry Webb – 01932 571787 / [email protected]|
|Sports Massage Therapy – JP is an ITEC Level 5 qualified sports massage therapist who trained at St Mary’s University College and also studied anatomy and physiology. Advice on injury prevention, stretching, injury treatment, pre and post event massage, etc.Contact: Jean-Pierre Guillonnet (JP) – 07831 806 232 / [email protected] www.twickenhamsportsmassage.co.uk|
|Sports Injury and Wellness Centres – Specialists in sports injury and rehabilitation covering all aspects of sports performance and sports medicine (eg. Physio, osteopathy, sports specific strength and conditioning, motion and video analysis) across all sports including cycling and running.15% off for TCC members.|
Contact: 01784 466 219 / email@example.com www.sportsinjuryandwellness.co.uk
In addition, use of a discount code issued via club Googlegroup email to claim the following benefits online:
20% discount may be used by all members when shopping for cycling kit on Lecol.cc (collection items)
Available on online sales channels
20% off all products
Code available to TCC members only
Le Col reserve the right to restrict use during sales periods
|Bike Hero www.bike-hero.co.uk|
Bike Hero are offering members 10% off collect and drop bike servicing across West London and Surrey using their electric vans. Their main workshop is in Chertsey and they have a second site at the Queen Stage cycling pub in Effingham. They have (Cytec trained) mechanics led by ex pro-team/British Cycling mechanic Max.